The Sensitive Kitchen

Monday, April 20, 2009

Chocolate Crack Peanut Butter

I got tired of paying $4.79 a jar for this stuff and decided to try making my own. So named because my husband said it was so addictive I must have put crack in it. Next time I think I'll try adding a half-teaspoon of good vanilla extract.

Software:
2 c honey-roasted peanuts
1/2 c bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli 60%)

Hardware:
Food processor

Place peanuts and chocolate in the work bowl of a food processor. Blend until mixture becomes a paste, at least 2 minutes. Stop here for a chunky peanut butter. If a smoother consistency is desired, scrape down sides and underneath blade, then continue processing 1 additional minute. Serve on warm, freshly baked white whole wheat bread, or if no one is looking, eat from a spoon. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home